Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Carlton Curry - the endearing customer-service provider relationship.

Since it is my Christmas resolution to blog about the services that I have enjoyed throughout 2012, I thought I'd start with my utmost favourite which is Carlton Curry.

I first visited Carlton Curry way back in 2010 with a very good friend. It's located in my old neighbourhood in Carlton.  To be precise, it's on 108 Lygon Street, Carlton.  You'd miss it if you don't look carefully. It's just 5 minutes walk from Melbourne's CBD.

It's a real wonder. It's been voted as Melbourne's second best Indian restaurant.  The food is truly magnificent - fresh, flavoursome, aromatic and you can feel the love that went with the cooking.

The owner, Ms Peggy Wynn, cooks, serves and make home deliveries.  She is a superwoman.  I've known her since I first came to Carlton Curry, and the relationship has so far endured two years later.  Likewise, the lovely Rupa - one of the waitresses - has been a great friend to me.  Carlton Curry would have to be one of the few places in Melbourne that I sincerely felt authentic customer care.

Last weekend, I took my supervisor, colleagues and friends to have dinner at Carlton Curry.  I promised Peggy that I will take as many friends as I can to her restaurant, and I do not expect anything in return.  I just want her business to be successful, so that I can keep coming to enjoy the marvellous food.  To my surprise, Peggy gave us discounts.  The following day, she phoned me to thank me and my friends for coming to her restaurant.  She is truly amazing.

I know that a lot of businesses are doing it tough, and Carlton Curry is not an exception.  I would be devastated if this establishment ever closes down.  It's not very often that one would find authentic meals complemented with authentic service. The prices are reasonable, and the quality never changes.

Food to me is very powerful. Food is a symbol of hospitality.  It is a powerful instrument that can either unite us in celebration or divide us in famine.  I encourage everyone to support local businesses that provides good food.  Let's celebrate their service, and glorify food as a divine nourishment for our body.  


If you're in Melbourne - please do visit Carlton Curry!! Say hello to Peggy and Rupa!

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful posting and the comments about the CCH, Peggy and the food are all 100% true.

    Roger Rivenell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mavi...
    My poor skill made me re typed it again. Firstly, I would like to thank you for your kindness, thought and support. I was lovely surprise!

    Recognizing and appreciation of your words made my day and lifted up my spirits. It was great to know that you noticed my hard work and enthusiasm to maintain the quality of food and service.

    I think Hospitality industry is business with pleasure. We got a chance to entertain our patrons with their expenses. I always think how lucky we are....I always tell my staff and remind to treat all patrons like your family and friends. Make them happy and comfortable. I have noticed that Passion and love never go wrong. Your happiness, satisfaction and enjoyment are the reward what we work with passion and love. Encouraging for motivation, innovation and creation too.

    You were right, business is hard..I am facing difficulty, my principle won't change...producing the quality of food and providing friendly and care service to all my dinners, take away or delivery. Our customers are our first priority.

    Thanks for encouraging to food lovers to go and taste our Healthy choice, Traditional and Fusion Indian cuisine which is supporting us to continue providing best Indian to local and visitors. We welcome all food lovers to Carlton Curry House and we need your support and help to survive during the hard times.

    Thank you again.

    Peggy
    Carlton Curry House

    ReplyDelete